Who Am I?

My name is Cuong Do. I am studying math at the University of South Alabama in hopes of becoming a high school math teacher someday. I am a pretty friendly guy. I don't always say what is on my mind, but I do not let other people think for me. I believe that you only live life once, so why would you waste it trying to be someone else for the sake of acceptance? Be yourself and those worth accepting will have already accepted you. This is why I want to teach. Too many kids are so concerned about popularity, they throw their personality to the wind and it kills me to see that. I don't want to just shove number into their heads, I want to open their eyes to life. This may not be what they want, but it is certainly what they need.

How to Maintain the Students

Everybody knows that the mind of the average student is easily distracted. I agree... For the most part. However, I believe that the best way to keep the mind focused is by giving them something worth focusing on. Perhaps I can use my new PLN to find someone or a group of some sort that can teach me how to program software. Create a pc game. A decent one. Not one of those sad excuses for video games like "Math Wars." There are programmers everywhere, so I can't imagine it would be too difficult to find someone who can help me, or I can pay to help me develop such a program and possibly sell it on the market. If it gets good feedback, then maybe it can be the beginning of a whole new educational software series. Making money off of video games, a dream to come true.