Who Am I?

My name is Cuong Do. I am studying math at the University of South Alabama in hopes of becoming a high school math teacher someday. I am a pretty friendly guy. I don't always say what is on my mind, but I do not let other people think for me. I believe that you only live life once, so why would you waste it trying to be someone else for the sake of acceptance? Be yourself and those worth accepting will have already accepted you. This is why I want to teach. Too many kids are so concerned about popularity, they throw their personality to the wind and it kills me to see that. I don't want to just shove number into their heads, I want to open their eyes to life. This may not be what they want, but it is certainly what they need.

Technology in the Classroom

EDM 310 has presented some extremely helpful information that I can use in the field. I wonder how I can get my students to check my blog for study guides and answer keys. I know they will use it for the easy answers, but how can I be sure they will use it as a study tool? Hmm... Having the technology to do it is one thing, but how can I be sure that my students will actually use it? I can only use everything I have learned in this class to the best of my abilities to help my students, but everything else is really up to them, isn't it?