Who Am I?

My name is Cuong Do. I am studying math at the University of South Alabama in hopes of becoming a high school math teacher someday. I am a pretty friendly guy. I don't always say what is on my mind, but I do not let other people think for me. I believe that you only live life once, so why would you waste it trying to be someone else for the sake of acceptance? Be yourself and those worth accepting will have already accepted you. This is why I want to teach. Too many kids are so concerned about popularity, they throw their personality to the wind and it kills me to see that. I don't want to just shove number into their heads, I want to open their eyes to life. This may not be what they want, but it is certainly what they need.

You Know What Are Interesting?

Words.


Growing up we all hear the "Sticks and Stones" rhyme at least once in our lives. However, have you ever noticed that there are certain words that, if heard from the right source, stick with us more than others. For instance, in my personal experiences, there have been times, when I was younger, that I would hear a word that I would just absolutely not understand on the television or in music. Later on, I would hear the word again in another program or in an actual conversation, thus bringing curiosity or explanation of the word. I recall once a long time ago, in an Eminem song speaking about his mother was a victim of Munchhausen Syndrome. At the age I was, I didn't care much for it's meaning, but when I got older, I heard it again on an episode of ABC's "Scrubs" where he explains what Munchhausen Syndrome actually was. It was terrible to hear what it's actual meaning was, but the point is that after several years, I still recognized the word. Perhaps if we presented more impressive vocabulary in childrens media, then perhaps they might also find an attachment of some sort to particular words, thus increasing their own vocabulary subconsciously. I think it is definitely something worth looking into.

Oh and btw, "Scrubs" can even make Munchhausen's Syndrome comedic.


Still awful. But a little funny.